Information & Communications Technology Tools
Smart Class Rooms
A Smart Classroom is a traditional lecture style teaching space that has available technological equipment that can be used to aid and enhance instruction of a course. The smart class room is equipped with the basic technology that will enable to connect laptop to the projector.
Features a smart podium with a touch panel control system, PC and laptop connection, document camera, DVD/VCR Player, projector, and screen and also have an overhear transparency projector.
College Data share
College Data Share is an intranet (Zero Broadband Connectivity) portal designed for sharing of Documents, Videos, etc.
College is accessing 2TB course data via a professionally designed Web Interface from local server (http://126.96.36.199/). This Portal Contains:
- 7500 + NPTEL Videos
- 100+ Subjects NPTEL Text Content
- 298 Subjects MIT Open CourseWare
- 1000+ E-Books
- 500+ Projects
- 1500+ Software Tutorial Videos
- 2000+ Universities Information
- 2500+ Companies Information
An Internet forum is an online discussion site where students can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived.
CMR Technical Campus Forums (https://cmrtc.ac.in/forums/) contains following groups:
- CMRTC Notice Board
- All Departments (ECE, CSE, CIVIL, MECH, AERO, H&S, and MBA)
- EXAM BRANCH
Following online journals are available on internet within CMRTC Campus:
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments.
SWAYAM MOOCs platform is World’s Largest Online Free E-Learning Platform Portal designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., Access, Equity and Quality by covering School/Vocational, Under-Graduate, Post Graduate, Engineering and Other Professional Courses.
Swayam Cell deals with development of SWAYAM MOOCs platform with the objective of taking best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged by bridging the digital divide of students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
Mainly focuses on curriculum design enabling faculties to create appropriate lesson plan, frame COs and mapping COs to POs and frame question banks. The curriculum delivery and assessment methods followed by the institutions will be intact and the software platform is compatible with all the delivery and assessment methods followed by the institutions and generates reports for students’ attainment, Course Outcome (CO) attainment, Program Outcome (PO) attainment and Program Education Objective (PEO).
IonCUDOS OBE platform helps institutionalizing OBE practices, achieving transparency, optimizing data inputs, standardizing computation of attainments, isolating areas for improvements, trends from large historical data from batches, and generating Self-Assessment Report (SAR) in a timely manner.
Exam Management system Automates entire examination section activities such as Error free Exam and Lab Time Table generation, Hall Ticket generation, Grade card, Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC), Transcript Printing and much more.
- Enable students to register/withdraw courses online
- Error free Exam and Lab Time Table generation
- Error free Class room time table generation
- Online Hall ticket generation
- Speedy announcement of results
- Grade card, PDC, Transcript Printing
- Maintain comprehensive student database including results and data archival
CMR Technical Campus has taken a step further in communicating latest news of the college via an electronic means which is the college’s official Android app e-Notice. This application takes care in providing the latest news updates with a push of a button. The application is first of it’s kind to deliver news at a faster, simpler and an effective way.
CMRTC is one of the few Colleges, which can boast of its state-of-the-art computing resources and network across the campus. It has IT Infrastructure that can support 1500+ computer terminals, probably one of the largest wi-fi infrastructure. Following are a few highlighting features:
- Completely Wi-Fi Campus with 15+ access point, supported on the technology from Ubiquiti
- 60 Mbps of bandwidth for internet with dedicated leased line
- 1000 + workstations supported by Xeon based Rack Servers
- Powerful servers from DELL for 100% redundancy and efficient data management
- 1 Km fibre backbone for providing 1GB seamless connectivity
- Power Back Up -15 KVA of power supply(UPS)
- 90+ CCTV cameras for 24 hours surveillance to ensure on campus safety and security
- High end Biometric systems for attendance
Auditorium and Seminar Halls
Considering that a variety of events like cultural programmes, seminars, debates, plays and other programmes are conducted throughout the year, Auditorium with 1200 capacity and 3-Seminar Halls which facilitate the students to carry on their activities smoothly and with ease. They attract students to flock together to share, discuss and explore knowledge in their areas of learning.