About the Department:
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering in CMRTC is popularly known as ‘Branch of Consistency’. Consistency in all perspectives. In the current world scenario of Digitalization, Media & Communication, 5G Technologies and many more advancements in technologies related to automation, an ECE Graduate plays an important role in building of Nation though Science & Technology. The skills acquired by the students of ECE has landed them in many reputed companies like Mentor Graphics, L&T metro, DSP, Bosch, TCS, Hyundai, etc.. The experienced faculty are the driving force of the department. The Department offers M.Tech in Embedded Systems with an intake of 18.
Few achievements of the department are:
- Department is accredited twice by National Board of Accreditation [NBA], New Delhi.
- 15 Patents filed by the Department till date.
- Over 150 Papers published in reputed Journals.
- Established 03 Research Centres: 1. Centres for VLSI & Embedded System Design Centres for Signal & Image processing 3. Centre for advanced Communication System
- Signed MoUs with more than 15 Companies.
- Won 1st prize in Robotics Competion held by IIT Hyderabad, BITs Hyderabad.
- More than 2000 students are facilitated with Internship in companies like HAL, NRSC, BDL, NFC, DRDL, BHEL, ECIL, etc.
- Received funding from government bodies to a tune of 1 crore.
- Industrial Visits to Satellite launch station SreeHarikota, NRSC Shadnagar, Door Darshan Kendra, Ramanthapur, Air force Station, Hakimpet, Hyderabad Radio Station, L&T Metro Signalling and Control station, Nagole and many more places.
- Highest package of 11 lacks in Microsoft.
- Ongoing Consultancy work worth of 16 Lakhs.
- Over 400 students cleared the NPTEL certified Course with Elite Rating.
- Equipment worth 43.5 L from National Instrument laboratory under DST- FIST Scheme
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering endeavors to become a center of academic excellence and research
* To provide the students with the state of art technologies to meet the growing challenges of the industry and society
* To promote research and consultancy through constant interaction with the outside world.
* To inculcate self-learning abilities, team spirit, and professional ethics among the students to serve the society
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
|S.NO.||Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)|
|PEO1||Progress in professional career and higher education in Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied fields.|
|PEO2||Demonstrate self learning skills, team spirit and professional ethics for beneficial development of the society.|
|PEO3||Solve real life problems of Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied fields resulting in significant societal benefit|
Graduates of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme will have the ability
|PO1||To apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering concepts in solving Complex Engineering problems.|
|PO2||Identify, formulate, and solve complex problems to achieve demonstrated conclusions using mathematical principles and engineering sciences.|
|PO3||To design solutions for complex engineering problems with appropriate consideration for society.|
|PO4||To use research-based knowledge and research methods including the design of experiments to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||To select and apply appropriate techniques for the design & analysis of systems using modern CAD tools.|
|PO6||Apply the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, and cultural issues and endure the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO7||To understand that the solutions have to be provided taking the environmental issues and sustainability into consideration.|
|PO8||Develop consciousness of professional, ethical, and social responsibilities as experts in the field of Engineering.|
|PO9||To function effectively either as a member or a leader in multidisciplinary activities.|
|PO10||To communicate effectively to both the peers and the others.|
|PO11||To apply engineering & management principles in their own / team projects in a multidisciplinary environment.|
|PO12||to Realize the need for lifelong learning and engage them to adopt technological change.|
Department Advisory Committee (DAC)
|1||Dr. Sudha Chandrika||Professor & HoD||Chairman|
|2||Prof. G. Srikanth||Professor||Member Secretary|
|3||Dr. D. Rajesh Reddy||Scientist-E, ISRO Centre, Hyderabad||Industry Expert|
|4||Dr. P. VenkataKrishnan||Professor||Member|
|5||Dr. Bandi Doss||Professor||Member|
|6||Dr. Suraya Mubeen||Associate Professor||Member|
Oracle India, Pvt Ltd. Hyderabad
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
|S.NO.||Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)|
|PSO1||An ability to understand the concepts of basic Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas like Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded systems, Communication Systems, Digital & Analog Devices.|
|PSO2||An ability to solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems, using latest hardware and software tools, along with analytical skills to arrive cost effective and appropriate solutions.|
|PSO3||The Graduates will be Equipped with necessary soft skills, aptitude and technical skills to work in the core industry and IT sector as an individual or as a team member.|
Program Assesment Committee (PAC)
|1||Prof. G. Srikanth||Professor||Member Secretary|
|2||Dr. K. Bharath Kumar||Associate Professor||Member|
|3||Dr. Ch. Sudhamani||Associate Professor||Member|
|4||Dr. V. Mahesh||Associate Professor||Member|
|5||Mr. Tara Sai Kumar||Associate Professor||Member|
|6||Mr. S. Mallesh Narayan||Assistant Professor||Member|
|7||Mr. S. Venkatesh||Assistant Professor||Member|