Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell(MIC)
Fostering a culture of Innovation & Progress
Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has established its ‘Innovation Cell’ at All India Council for Technical Education with a purpose of systematically fostering the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country. MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC) is focusing to create and strengthen the culture of Innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem across all HEIs to enable them in promoting and supporting student innovations and sustainable start-ups from academic institutions.
MoE’s Innovation Cell has launched and implementing various policy programs such as Smart India Hackathon, International Hackathons, Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), establishment of Institution’s Innovation Councils (IICs) and National Innovation and Start-up Policy (NISP) for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to engage, encourage and channelize the creative energy and entrepreneurial potential of Indian youths to build innovations and enterprises.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs in the year 2018. A network of IICs are established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campuses. MIC has established Institution’s Innovation Council in more than 2700 Instiutions.
• To create a vibrant local Innovation ecosystem.
• Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
• Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
• Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
• Develop better cognitive ability among students Function of IIC :
• To conduct various Innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in time bound fashion.
• Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
• Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
• Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
• Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
• Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
Impact Lecture Series
National Innovation Contest
|Sl.No.||Name & Details||Department||Designation||Qualification||Position|
|1||Dr.A.Raji Reddy||Mechanical Engineering||Director||Doctorate||Head of the Institute|
|2||Dr. M. Ahmed Ali Baig||Mechanical Engineering||Professor||Doctorate||President, IIC & NIRF Co- ordinator|
|3||Dr. K. Srujan Raju||Computer Science and Engineering||Professor & HOD CSE||Doctorate||Vice President|
|4||Dr.Sudha Arvind||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Professor||Doctorate||Convener|
|5||Dr. Ch. Srinivasarao||Civil Engineering||Professor||Doctorate||Internship Activity Coordinator|
|6||Dr.T.Subha Mastan Rao||Computer Science and Engineering||Associate Professor||Doctorate||Innovation Activity Coordinator|
|7||Dr. D.Kishore Kumar||MBA||Associate Professor||Doctorate||IPR Activity Coordinator|
|8||Dr. B. Kavitha Rani||Computer Science and Engineering||Professor||Doctorate||ARIIA Coordinator|
|9||Voruganti Naresh Kumar||Computer Science and Engineering||Assistant Professor||Post Graduate||Social Media Co- ordinator|
|10||Naga Sulochana M||MBA||Assistant Professor||Post Graduate||Member|
|11||Chintala Siddartha||Civil Engineering||Assistant Professor||Post Graduate||Member|
|12||Dr.Suwarna Gothane||Computer Science and Engineering||Professor||Doctorate||Member|
|13||G Pavan Kumar||Computer Science and Engineering||Post Graduate||Office Assistant||Member|
|14||Dr.K. Mohana Lakshmi||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Doctarate||Associate Professor||Member|
|15||D Sreekanth||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Post Graduate||Assistant Professor||Member|
|16||Dr.K.Maheswari||Computer Science and Engineering||Doctarate||Associate Professor||Member|
|17||Dr.Prabhu A||Computer Science and Engineering||Doctarate||Associate Professor||Member|
|18||Dr.S.Rao Chintalapudi||CSE(AI &ML)||Doctarate||Professor & HoD||Member|
|19||Latha Gadepaka||Computer Science and Engineering||Post Graduate||Associate Professor||Member|
|20||Rafath Samrin||CSE(AI &ML)||Post Graduate||Associate Professor||Member|
|21||Dr.Umadevi Godavarti||H&S||Doctarate||Associate Professor||Member|