CAPD is a laboratory in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and has the vision to grow up to become a centre of excellence in product design and realization in the form of rapid and efficient prototyping as well as rapid additive manufacturing of low-volume products with high geometric creativity.
The laboratory has also been providing prototyping services to several faculty members and students in the Department, various departments in the Institute as well as some outside organizations, thus proving to be an indispensable cog in the wheel for innovators.
The CAPD has an additive manufacturing machine for rapid prototyping, one surface roughness Profilometer for quality control studies of prototypes, grid marking machine for formability studies and several high-end computer-aided designs and engineering software including CATIA V5, ANSYS, Matlab and Design Expert. The order has been placed for a set of demonstration working models of fundamental machine elements to support the conceptual design and product embodiment stages of in creative product design.
Pursue excellence in education, research and practice in the areas of design and manufacturing so as to support development of systemically-complex, technologically-intensive and socially-impactful solutions that are functional, aesthetic, usable and sustainable.
This center provides a definite pathway towards transforming students into product designers, developers and entrepreneurs by leveraging 3D Printing, Scanning and Designing Technologies. The concept is equally applicable to all branches from all the years of UG / PG studies. The joy of doing something with own hands creates great enthusiasm towards learning among students. Concepts like “outcome oriented education” and “experimental learning” are integrated into the activities of the center.
- Develop students in designing products and manufacturing systems that are functional, aesthetic, usable and sustainable.
- Create leaders who can strengthen existing practice and develop new practice in the areas of design and manufacturing.
- Develop newproducts and manufacturing systems that can significantly impact the society.
- Develop knowledge, including methods and tools, to inform and empower practice and education of design and manufacturing.
- Enabling students to build new startups and encourage the spirit of Entrepreneurship.
Services Offered in CAPD:
- Rapid prototyping
- Product design
- New product development
- CAD / CAM / CAE
- Internships for industry professionals and students.
- On-Demand workshops in Engineering Colleges in 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping.
- 3D Scanning and reverse engineering services.
- FDP programs in 3D Printing and 3D Scanning
For More Details Visit website: http://capd3d.com