About the Department
Computer Science and Engineering is one of the top performing departments of the Institute and the most sought over branch by the students. This program is designed to provide students with the fundamentals of computer science, both hardware, and software, and the application of Engineering concepts, Techniques, and Methods to both computer systems Engineering and Software system design. Computer science and engineering students will learn about basic engineering techniques, which include Engineering Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering drawing during First Year. From the second year onward they are exposed to core computer science subjects like programming, data structures, Digital logic, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web technologies, Databases and Computer Architecture are few to mention.
The department proudly boasts the presence of its Alumni in many reputed Companies like PALOALTO, MENTOR GRAPHICS, AMAZON, SAP, WIPRO, INFOSYS, etc. with package varying from 8 to 58 Lakhs per Annum. Not only Alumni, the current students have also let the head of Department high by wining many competitions across the country like Hackathons, Codethons, Poster presentations, Paper presentations and many more. The department has even mentored the students to the stage of ‘APP Developers’ through ‘Patent filers’.
Few Achievements of the department are :
- Department is accredited twice by National Board of Accreditation [NBA], New Delhi.
- Digitally Equipped Class Rooms and State of Art Laboratories.
- Trained and Certified Faculty Members by WIPRO, Virtusa, Servicenow, Zensor, Google etc.
- Star Grade by IIT Bombay Spoken Tutorials, Top 3 performer Award by IIIT Virtual Labs, Google recognized Campus for GCP.
- Filed 23 patents and 1 Copyright Granted under Software
- 200+ Papers published in reputed peer reviewed indexed Journals.
- Established Research Center’s cum Center of Excellences in collaboration with industry in Mobile & Web Technologies, Data Analytics, Internet of Things, Cyber Security and Robotic Process Automation.
- MoU’s with 20+ Industries and 8 Foreign Universities.
- 1 Crore + Research Grant from Govt of India.
- 20 Lakh + Consultancy from various organizations for Application Development.
- Continuous improvement Faculty Training programs through TTT model, FDPs and STTPs on latest cutting edge technologies.
- Finalist S/W edition in Smart India Hackathon 2020 by Govt. of India.
- Won first prize in NEURALHACK of VIRTUSA 2020 on JAVA Technology by Venkata Sai Sowmya 2017-21 CSE.
- Team NARCODES participated in Virtual Hackathon – Interacted virtually with our Honorable Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi. This team is one team among the 15 teams shortlisted.
- 2000+ students are facilitated in 40+ MNC companies with Internships and employment.
- Our Frequent internship providers and recruiters are Capgemini, Wipro, DxCT, Virtusa, IBM, NIC, TCS, Value Labs, GGK Technologies, Opentext, EPAM, BNY MELLON, Pactera Technologies India pvt ltd, Travel Tripper, Cloudchip, Ctrl S, Zensor, Smartbridge, Internshala, TASK, Orbit Shifters and many more.
- Member of reputed professional bodies like IEEE, ISTE, IETE, ACM and CSI.
- Best Accredited Student Branch Award from Computer Society of India Continuously for 4 times.
- Recognized IEEE WIE (Women In Engineering) CMRTC Affinity Group.