Centre for Advanced Communication Systems (Wireless, Mobile and Vehicular Communication Satellite Communication, Co-operative Communication, Cognitive Radio, RF & Microwave Communication, Telecom Networks, Device to Device and Multihop Communication, Multiuser MIMO, Massive MIMO, Information Theory and Coding, Smart Grid Communication, Secure Communication) is a start-up centre in ECE Department for the Academic Year 2017-18 which targets the needs of researchers and industry in a fast-paced and technical communications sector, which continues to bring many of the advances that make ultra-fast communications possible. The programme reflects the latest developments in communications.
To be a Research Centre with its social, ecological and economic environment striving for excellence in education, research and technological services for the society in terms of long-term technical planning.
- To provide knowledge-based technological services to satisfy the needs of society and the industry.
- To create and sustain a community of learning in which Aspirants acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration for Technological Issues.
- To provide an environment for enhancing Advanced Communications related Research at the Department or College Level.
- To Collaborate with R&D industries for further Enhance.
- To develop the solutions for addressing Technological challenges related to Advanced Communications.
- To stimulate, encourage & enhance the quality of Research Development in Advanced Communications.
- To conduct, contract & consultancy services for Project proposals related to Advanced Communications.
- To provide Technical Training programs (SDP’s and FDP’s) in the field of Advanced Communication Systems for both students and Faculty.
- To make the Activities more relevant to the Applications by including Industries and users.
- The long-term relevance of the research will be assured by establishing future needs within the different application areas, from knowledge inside and outside the network.
- Internships for Aspirants into communication domain Industries
- Enabling students of CACS for Inhouse projects which will be reflected as Good Journal publications and as well serving Applications to the Society.
Software’s / Hardware available at the Centre
- Matlab 220.127.116.119(R2010a)
- Matlab 1.0.441655(R2016b)
- Matlab version 9.1
- Simulink version 8.8
- Communication System Toolbox version 6.3
- DSP System Toolbox version 9.3
- Signal Processing Toolbox version 7.3
- Spectrum Analyzer
- OFDM Generation and Detection Kit
- Frequency Synthesizer
- Advanced Modulation Techniques Kits(PCM,DPCM,DM,ADM,FSK,PSK,ASK,DPSK,QPSK,QAM)
- Klystron Bench
- Gunn Diode Bench
- VSWR Meter