Important Links :
CSE IITB SPOKEN TUTORIALS LINK
IITB SP Certificates link
IITB SP courses Vedio’s
IITB SP report’s
About Spoken Tutorial :
The Spoken Tutorial project is the initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ activity of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), launched by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India.
(The Spoken Tutorial project is being developed by IIT Bombay for MHRD, Government of India)
Learning is more effective when animation and narration are presented simultaneously . Audio-video demonstrations can illustrate features with maximum clarity. Our objective is to pass on the knowledge of technology and free and open source software (FOSS) through the website to the millions in our country who lack opportunities and/or access to learn any software.
Some reasons for these gaps in access are :
- Lack of knowledge about accessibility
- Lack of proper guidance
- Lack of infrastructure facilities available
- Difficulty in understanding English
The spoken Tutorial Project aims to make spoken tutorials on FOSS available in several Indian languages, for the learner to be able to learn in the language he/she is comfortable in. Our goal is to enable the use of spoken tutorials to teach in any Indian language, and to be taught to learners of all levels of expertise- Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.
This project is for the community and by the community. Through the portal, we aim to reach out to like-minded individuals to collaborate with us and with each other to create Spoken Tutorials. The next step is to get each Spoken Tutorial dubbed into as many Indian languages as possible. This will help anyone anywhere to understand the contents of the Spoken Tutorials. Each of the Tutorials, whether original or dubbed, go through a strict review procedure, after which they are uploaded on the public domain. This is to ensure that the highest possible quality is attained.
The target group is the community at large, including school children, college students, working professionals, retired professionals, housewives, teachers, trainers, research scholars, software users and developers. We aim to reach out to all the people in India through this portal.
We also conduct workshops using Spoken Tutorials and give certificates to those who pass an online test. For more information on workshops, please write to email@example.com
Through the website http://spoken-tutorial.org you can
- Learn many software by yourself.
- Be a contributer to the community by creating original tutorials or dubbing into other languages
- Lead the national effort for any FOSS
- Lend your expertise in a particular FOSS by being a Reveiwer / Domain Expert
- Help conduct workshops in colleges and schools across India
- Spread awareness about this project. Become a promoter or an ambassador
To achieve our aims, we must
- Reach out to as many people as possible to spread the awareness of the portal so that people can learn and contribute.
- Build up the community so that the portal will be self-sustaining
- Channelize a way through your contacts to reach out to the people who wish to learn and contribute.